Author Topic: Ride in a 717, MD90EFD, Full flight Simulator  (Read 4105 times)

Offline Midnight Mike

• Swan Member
Ride in a 717, MD90EFD, Full flight Simulator
« on: 06 February 2003 at 16:27 »
Hey Gents, Jan-Erik Andelin, kindly gave me permission to post this:

FlightSafetyBoeing in Long Beach, California has come up with a program to take a ride in their full flight simulators with a qualified instructor.

The cost is $149 for one person, $299 for two people, this buys you a briefing on the simulator, instructions on how to operate the controls, and & "1" hour at the controls.  If you are an experienced pilot, the boys will shorten the briefing & give you more time at the controls.  The instructors would rather fly than chitchat.  Our contract people call this the "Sky Path program which I feel is kind of gay, but who am I to argue.

We have "2" 717 simulators.
MD90EFD simulator, only one airline flies this type of airplane, it is a MD90 with a full glass cockpit, kind of funky for you airplane buffs.
MD11 simulator (when available, kind of full at times)
MD88 simulator
MD82 simulator (analog cockpit)
737-200 simulator
Hell, for a dollar extra you can slide down the cabin trainer slide that the flight attendants use for training.

We also offer interview preps in all of the simulators.  If interested in the sim ride or the interview prep
send me an email:
mike.comuniello@fsbti.com

With training slowing down, instructors are bored & you will get more simulator time than what you paid for.

Thanks

Mike

Bengt Engel

Re:Ride in a 717, MD90EFD, Full flight Simulator
« Reply #1 on: 06 February 2003 at 18:17 »
so the extra dollar we pay for 2 souls buys you a ride down the slide....is that the Md11 slide? because the md80 is not that funny...

great offer though...... ;)

Offline Midnight Mike

• Swan Member
« Reply #2 on: 06 February 2003 at 19:45 »

SORRY, we only have a MD80 cabin trainer, we have a MD11 door trainer, you can slide down the door if you like, but I think it would hurt, just a little!!!

Mike

Dechi

« Reply #3 on: 23 May 2003 at 01:23 »
Mike,

Hello,do you may be know a website where I can find a picture of a MD90 EFD flight Deck on the internet?You guys have much use for the EFD simulator?

Thanks in Advance,

Regards

Offline Midnight Mike

• Swan Member
« Reply #4 on: 23 May 2003 at 15:23 »

We have a company website, but sadly no photo of the MD90EFD cockpit, I have an extra 717 cockpit photo if you want that, will send to you?

We are using the sim, a little slow, not tooooo bad.

Offline Old Admin (PNF)

• Jan-Erik Andelin
  • Administrator
  • Limousine Member
« Reply #5 on: 25 May 2003 at 14:58 »
Mike, do you have any chance to link the 717 cockpit shot here from your server, so that all of us can see it ?

Unfortunately our Internet provider does not allow attachments to be posted to our server.

Dechi

« Reply #6 on: 25 May 2003 at 16:00 »
Mike,
Thanks for the reply.I was curious which airlines use the EFD?I tought Saudi Airlines was the only operator with the MD90 EFD.Do they also have EFD simulators?
Or FSBI trains the Saudi pilots?I am rated on the 90 myself,I am wondering you guys offer a transition course to the EFD?How many sessions are we looking at?

Take care and thanks once again.

Offline Midnight Mike

• Swan Member
« Reply #7 on: 16 July 2003 at 16:01 »

WOW!  Somehow I missed this message, send me a email if you want some info.
mike.comuniello@alteontraining.com

Only Saudi flies the MD90EFD, we do the training for the Saudi crews.  As far as training, good question, if you are still interested, let me know.

mike.comuniello@alteontraining.com

typhoonpilot

« Reply #8 on: 02 September 2003 at 06:26 »
Dechi:

I looked through my pictures here for the EFD cockpit but I think the only one I have is in storage back in the States.  When McBoeing trained the original Saudi crews in late 97/early 98 it was with the normal 90 sim as the EFD sim hadn't been delivered.  I believe they put together a differences course just for that reason.  I went the other way with a made up differences course from the EFD to the baseline in just a couple of sessions.  The systems only have a few differences while the biggest difference lies in the switch positions on the overhead panel.

Mikey:

Perry should have the differences courses.  If not, Steve H. over at Boeing should remember what they did with the original Saudi crews. Also Freebairn probably has a good EFD cockpit photo, might try getting a hold of him to ask.  I've lost his e-mail address.

Typhoonpilot